MXA80 Compact Audio System
The MXA80 Integrated Audio System is the next generation of the acclaimed MXA70. It maintains the same compact footprint and full functionality while adding support for DSD and DXD digital music files thanks to a new digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
The MXA80 features a 50 Watt stereo amplifier and a pair of specially designed 2-way desktop speakers that achieve a remarkably rich and full bodied level of performance for their size. A total of six inputs – 4 digital and 2 analog – allow you to connect your music sources. The USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 along with DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. McIntosh's exclusive MCT input offers a secure DSD connection to enjoy the high definition audio on SACDs when paired with the MCT80 SACD/CD Transport.
A dedicated headphone amplifier is available for those times when you want to listen to your music more intimately. It takes advantage of unique McIntosh technologies so that every headphone yields the best possible personal listening experience. Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD) brings added dimension to your music while Power Guard prevents clipping that could damage your speakers or headphones. A 5 step Bass Boost Control allows for further tonal customization.
The MXA80's compact size makes it a great audio system for an office, bedroom or vacation house. Combine it with the similarly-sized MB50 Streaming Audio Player and MP100 Phono Preamplifier to form the basis of a complete audio system. The amplifier is housed in a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis that compliments the classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum end caps; the speakers come with a luxurious, high gloss piano black finish.
- Amplifier Power Output: 50 watts per channel with both channels operating into 8 Ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Inputs: 1 high level unbalanced (stereo), 1 high level balanced (stereo), 4 digital
- Outputs: 1 set of stereo speaker terminals (8 Ohms), 1 headphone (1/4”), 1 preamplifier (stereo)
- Digital Section: 1 Coax, 1 Optical, 1 MCT, 1 USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz McIntosh Digital Engine is 32-bit/384kHz, USB 2.0 asynchronous
- Tone Controls: 5 Step Bass Boost Control
- Headphone Power Output: High Selection: 1W Normal Selection: 250mW
- Headphone Output Impedance: 8-40, 40-150 and 150-600 Ohms
- Driver Complement (per speaker): One 4 inch Woofer/Midrange One 3/4 inch Dome Tweeter
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 45kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2,000Hz
- Overall Dimensions (W x H x D): 23-1/4” (59.1cm) x 10-7/8” (27.62cm) x 19” (48.3cm) including knobs, connectors and cables
- Weight: 50 lbs (22.6 kg) net, 66 lbs (29.9 kg) in shipping carton
|Supported Formats||Supports DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256 files|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||0.005% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz|
|Signal To Noise Ratio||105dB|
|Frequency Response||20Hz to 20kHz (+0,-0.5dB) / 10Hz to 100kHz (+0, -3dB) /|
|Controller||5 Step Bass Boost Control: 0 to +12.5dB (in 2.5dB steps) @ 40Hz|
|Inputs||1 high level unbalanced (stereo), 1 high level balanced (stereo), 4 digital|
|Outputs||1 set of stereo speaker terminals (8 Ohms), 1 headphone (1/4”), 1 preamplifier (stereo)|
|Power Requirements||120V 50/60Hz, 1.5A|
|Warranty||3 year limited warranty|