MRX 740 Multi Channel Receiver
The MRX 740 is the successor to the best-selling Anthem MRX 720 Home Theater Receiver. This is the model we think will be our most popular one. It has seven powered channels built-in, offering 140 watts per channel. The amp section is a lot beefier than the MRX 540 so you will get better dynamics and speaker control with the MRX 740.
On BackorderLearn More
Anthem Room Correction
Your room has a bigger impact on the sound than any component in your system. Anthem's new ARC Genesis is an easy to use room correction system that gives your sound a huge improvement. ARC takes out all the big peaks to let you hear your home theater and music soundtracks the way the engineers intended.
Real Power with Great DAC's
Anthem receivers have a big, full warm sound due to the fact they have massive power amps inside, actually similar to what you might find in some separate amps. They have a drive and control that makes your speakers come to life. Add in the fact they use audiophile level DAC's for all decoding and you have a receiver that sounds just amazing.
With 4 speaker and ARC presets for various listening situations, 30 virtual inputs, 11 channels of processing on board with power amp matrixing, the MRX 740 covers a lot of bases. We love the fact you can rearrange 6 of the 7 built in channels and more power to get 11 channels of object based surround.
Anthem’s MRX A/V Receivers are about maximizing performance for the money - introducing the MRX 740 11.2 Pre-Amplifier. 11.2 Pre-Amplifier / 7 Amplifier Channel A/V receiver with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and IMAX Enhanced. 140-watts per channel continuous power into 8 ohms. Includes ARC (Anthem Room Correction). HDMI v2.1 8K Upgradeable.
Building on the feature set of their previous models, they’ve added the newest version of ARC Genesis, a redesigned and more accurate calibration microphone, Anthem Web User Interface, integrated streaming support, object-oriented audio codecs with support for up to 15.2 channels, and the clean power delivery Anthem is known for with up to 140 watts per channel. The MRX 540, 740, and 1140 are a great way to bring premium audio to any home theater or media room. Seamlessly integrate your smart TV or projector with 7 HDMI inputs and 2 outputs, plus eARC. Ultra HD signals are passed through unaltered up to 18.2 Gbps with Dolby Vision, HDR, and Hybrid Log-Gamma support.
- All-New Electronics Platform, up to 15.4 channels, HDMI 2.0b HDCP 2.2, Hardware Upgradeable to HDMI 2.1(8K)
- Platform Agnostic Streaming with AirPlay2, Google Chromecast (Audio), Bluetooth v4.2, and Spotify Connect (coming soon!) and Roon (coming soon!)
- Reliable Networking Platform with web-based setup and over-the-air updates
- Next-Generation DSP Platform
- Modernized Design with high-resolution front panel display
What’s New In The AVM/MRX Line?
- All-new platform-agnostic streaming supports Apple AirPlay and AirPlay 2, Chromecast, Bluetooth, Spotify Connect (coming soon!), and Roon (Coming soon!).
- ARC Genesis now features a more precise microphone, ensuring better results in any listening environment.
- Modernized design with high-resolution front panel display with menu navigation.
- Includes Anthem Web User Interface, a web user interface for easy setup. Accessible via smartphone, tablet, or laptop via your favorite web-browser.
- Amp matrixing supports the reassignment of unused amplifier channels to Zone 2, surrounds, heights or to bi-amp even the most demanding speakers.
- All object-oriented audio codecs have been updated to the latest version of DTS Virtual:X.
- On select models (MRX 1140, AVM 90, and AVM 70), object-oriented audio codecs have been updated to the latest version of DTS:X Pro.
- New Electronics platform, up to 15.4 channels, HDMI 2.0b HDCP 2.2, hardware upgradeable to HDMI 2.1 (8K).
- Up to Four Independent sub outputs on select models, allow ARC Genesis to correct multiple subs individually for frequency response and time-alignment.
- Independent HDMI Zone 2 output on MRX 1140, MRX 740, AVM 90 and AVM 70.
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel allows for high-resolution audio from your TV to be sent back to your Anthem AVM/ MRX over a single HDMI cable.
- Maximum Output (<0.1% THD) - 5.2 VRMS, 7.1VRMS
- Frequency Response - 20Hz - 30KHz +/-0.2dB
- Frequency Response, Analog-Direct - N/A
- THD+N (2 Vrms output) - -100 dB
- S/N Ratio (2 Vrms output, IEC-A filter) - 110 dB
Preamplifier + Amplifier (1 W Output)
- SNR: 91 dB ch 1-5, 86dB others
- Compatible with 4 Ohms or higher impedance.
Maximum Continuous Output (1% Thd)
- Channels 1-5, Two Driven into 8 Ohms - 140 W
- Channels 1-5, Two Driven into 6 Ohms - 170 W
- Remaining Channels, Two Driven into 8 Ohms - 60 W
- Remaining Channels, Two Driven into 6 Ohms - 75 W
- Typical Load - 485 W
- Standby - 0.3 W
- Standby IP Control Enabled - 1.8 W
- Standby HDMI Bypass Enabled - 4.9 W
- Height (without feet) - 6" (15.24 cm)
- Height with Rackmount Kit - 4U
- Width - 17" (43.18 cm)
- Depth (including wifi ant not power cord) - 14-1/2" (36.4 cm)
- Weight - 33.2 lb (12.8 kg)
|Features||Apple Airplay 2, Bluetooth Enabled, Chromecast, Roon Ready, Spotify Connect, WiFi Enabled|
Write Your Own Review
You might also like...
- McIntosh MAC7200 200 Watt Receiver$7,500.00
- Anthem MRX 1140 Multi Channel Receiver$3,999.99
- Arcam AV40 AV Processor$4,500.00