LX-NZ3 DLP 4K Home Theater Projector with HDR
The JVC LX-NZ3 is a high-performance 4K UHD/HDR home theater projector perfectly-sized for more rooms and budgets — but don't let the compact size fool you. Thanks to JVC's original BLU-Escent laser technology, it produces 3,000 lumens, so there's no need to pull the curtains every time.
We love the way a laser produces colors, but you get a side-benefit of a much longer life — up to 20,000 hours. JVC’s unique Auto Tone Mapping technology will give you all of the vibrant colors, deep blacks, and bright whites that HRD (high dynamic range) content is all about. With the light output of the LX-NZ3, you can pair it with a good screen and put a 100-135” image into your media or home theater room for about the same price as a top-end 85” flat-panel TV.
Regular Price $3,699.95 $3,499.95
Free 2-Day ShippingLearn More
Laser Light Engine
With a laser light engine, colors take on an incredible sense of purity. Add to the fact you never have to replace a lamp and the NZ3 is super bright to enable you to put a big screen into a room that might have lots of light in it.
Auto Tone Mapping
HDR when done right can deliver an awesome picture, but it takes the right instructions to the display to make sure the picture does not come out too dark. JVC’s Auto Tone Mapping system was developed for their higher performance models, and it is really impressive to see it for under $4000.
Such A Good Value
When you look at all of the great features of the NZ3, it is very surprising the price is well under $4000. Heck, it can create a super bright and beautiful 120” image for about the same price as some 85” flat-panel TVs.
When you buy from Audio Advice, we’re also including an exclusive “Tips & Tricks" video, available only to Audio Advice customers. This video will give you some additional key tricks, and a few other tips to help you get the most out of the LX-NZ3.
About JVC LX-NZ3
Innovation perfectly-sized for more rooms and budgets
JVC's D-ILA projectors have earned the reputation for producing the most filmlike picture — and for good reason. When you look at the higher-end JVC models, you'll notice most of them are typical lamp-based projectors. For years, this is how almost all front projectors have been designed. However, these high-performance D-ILA projectors are not practical for everyone's room or budget. The LX-NZ3 uses DLP technology, and a laser illumination source that can handle 4K and HDR, so this projector is more compact and affordable.
The other great news about the LX-NZ3 is that it's powered by the same tech as their very top-of-the-line model — the JVC DLA-RS4500K. Thanks to the BLU-Escent light source, the LX-NZ3 produces 3,000 lumens of brightness, so you can enjoy HDR content like it was meant to be seen — plus the high-performance laser tech offers 20,000 hours of maintenance-free life.
You've seen it before — on the big screen
DLP stands for "Digital Light Processing." You may have not noticed it at the time, but DLP projectors are widely used in commercial movie theaters — and it's still one the most popular digital cinema technologies you will find in theaters, today. They typically cost upwards of $50,000, or more, and they generally use three DLP imagining chips for the primary colors (reds, greens, and blues).
To reproduce the full spectrum of colors, most home DLP projectors use a single DLP chip and a fast-spinning color wheel. This is true for the JVC LX-NZ3 too — however, what sets the LX-NZ3 apart is its DLP chip. The LX-NZ3 has a native 1920 x 1080-pixel resolution, and when combined with an optical actuator, this increases the number of pixels the eye perceives to the more detailed 4K Ultra HD resolution. There are two HDMI inputs, and one of these will accept the full 4K/60Hz signal.
HDR Settings You Can Customize
With 4K, not only do you get much higher resolution compared to HD, you also get HDR. This expands your overall picture contrast with deeper blacks and brighter highlights. With so many HDR-encoded movies now available in 4K on Netflix and other popular streaming services, you'll always have access to all of this great-looking content. JVC LX-NZ3 supports HDR10 and HLG formats, and it switches to the correct picture-mode as soon as it detects the HDR signal, automatically. Plus, a special auto tone-mapping feature ensures the best performance with HDR-enhanced content.
Since front projectors can't reproduce the entire contrast range of HDR formats, all displays apply "tone mapping." This adapts the HDR content to match the display's capabilities. The JVC LX-NZ3's Auto Tone Mapping feature looks at the maximum and average light-level information and then automatically adjusts the projector's HDR settings for the most accurate image. With this high-performance projector, you can always expect a balanced, natural-looking image. You can also tweak the tone mapping settings and save them for later. Either way, you don't have to mess around with HDR settings each time you sit down to watch a movie.
- 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) and HDR (HDR10/HLG) compatible
- With JVC's original "Auto Tone Mapping" function, you can enjoy various HDR10 content with the best image quality without any difficult adjustments.
- Compact design for installation convenience: 41 cm by 34 cm, and less than 15 cm high (Approx. 16" by 13-1/2", and 5-3/4" in height)
- Compatible with HDMI standards (4K/60P 4:4:4) and HDCP 2.2
- 4K input specs: Supports 4K/60p, 4:4:4/36bit, 4K/60p 4:2:2/36bit, and 4K/24p 4:4:4/36bit signals - for more vivid colors and subtle gradations
- Connectors: PC in, HDMI 1 with HDCP2.2 support, HDMI 2, USB Mini B, Trigger (12 V), USB Mini A (1.5 A power supply), and RS-232
- "BLU-Escent" Laser Light Source
- 3,000 lm brightness and 20,000-hour long life
- HDR (high dynamic range) for more realistic, dynamic images
- "Auto Tone Mapping" for pristine HDR10 picture quality
- 0.47-inch DMD for bright high-definition 4k images
- Dynamic contrast ratio: Infinity:1
- Wide lens shift function: +/-60% vertical, +/-23% horizontal
- 1.6x high-resolution lens
- HDCP2.2 compatibility with HDMI 1 terminal to support video-streaming services and copyright-protected content including UHD BD discs
- Available in 2 colors (black and white)
- 1 Year Warranty
- Type: DLP (Digital Light Processing)
- Device: Single-chip DLP system has 0.47" DMD imager with 1920 x 1080-pixel native resolution
- 3D-Capable: No
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 / 4:3
- Resolution: 4K e-shift yields 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD projected image
- Contrast Ratio: Infinity:1 (Dynamic)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- Approximate Lamp Life: 20,000 hrs. in normal mode
- Brightness: 3,000 lm
- Dynamic Laser Dimming boosts picture contrast
- Lens shift function: +/-60% vertical & +/-23% horizontal, motorized
- Light source lamp: BLU-Escent (Laser Phosphor)
- Covers 100% of Rec. 709 color standard (BT2020 compatible)
- 10-bit processing enables over one billion colors
- Color management system with 6-axis matrix
- Super Resolution lets you fine-tune the upscaling of HD content
- 1.6x manual zoom/focus lens (standard-throw)
- Lens shift:
- Powered: No
- Manual: Yes
- Vertical Lens Shift: Yes
- Horizontal Lens Shift: Yes
- Vertical Keystone Correction: Yes
- Horizontal Keystone Correction: No
- Laser diode light source lasts up to 20,000 hours
- Quiet cooling fan (29 dB Eco)
- Noise level: 29 dB (Eco) / 34 dB (Normal)
- Power requirement: AC110 V-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Width (inches): 15 7/8
- Height (inches): 5 3/4
- Depth (inches): 13 1/2
- Weight: 13.86 lbs
- Parts Warranty: 1 Year
- Labor Warranty: 1 Year
- Type of Warranty Service: Carry-in
- HDMI Input: HDMI 2.0 (x2)
- HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting a 4K video source
- Wireless HDMI Input: No
- Component Video Inputs: None
- Composite Video Inputs: None
- USB Media Port: No
- USB Port: USB Mini-B input for firmware updates; USB Mini-A (1.5 A power supply).
- 9-pin RS-232C Port: (x1) for external control of projector via computer or third-party device.
- RJ-45 LAN port: (x1) for controlling the projector via a network connection.
- 3.5mm 12V trigger output for controlling a motorized screen or another device.
- 3-pin mini-DIN connector for use with optional 3D synch emitter.
- Detachable power cord.
|Features||HDCP 2.2 for 4K Video, HDMI Inputs, HDR, Low Operating Noise, Manual, Manual Lens Shift, Manual Zoom, Removable Power Cord, Standard Throw Compatible, USB, USB Port, Wall Mountable, 12v Trigger, 4K Ultra HD|
|Included Accessories||illuminated remote control|
|Projector Lamplife||20,000 hrs. in normal mode|
|Aspect Ratio||Widescreen 16:9 / 4:3|
|Projector Brightness||3,000 lm|
|Contrast Ratio||Widescreen 16:9 / 4:3|
|Lens Shift||1.6x manual zoom/focus lens (standard-throw)|
|Lens Zoom Focus||+/-60% vertical & +/-23% horizontal, motorized|
|Projector Light Source||BLU-Escent (Laser Phosphor)|
|Operating Noise||Noise level: 29 dB (Eco) / 34 dB (Normal)|
|Power Requirements||AC110 V-240 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Projector Resolution||4K e-shift yields 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD projected image|
Write Your Own Review