Chord Hugo 2 DAC/Headphone Amp
The brand new, next-generation Hugo 2 features major improvements, such as the very latest FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) technology, four spherical control buttons, and a built-in filter with four settings that allow you to fine-tune the full sound.
The first Chord Hugo set the world on its audio ear for great performance. Chord has now improved to a Hugo 2 with even better sound and an incredible array of inputs and outputs, including Bluetooth streaming! Battery powered for use on the go, the Hugo also has everything you need for home use as well. You will be in audio nirvana with the Hugo 2.
Headphone Users Delight
Not only can it drive virtually any pair of headphones with ease, the Hugo 2 offers crossfeed options for a really cool headphone experience.
Shape Your Sound
We all have that album where we love the music but the harsh sound grates on our ears. With 4 sound shaping profiles on the Hugo, you can now fine tune your sound from totally flat to slightly rolled off to tame some of those edgy mixes. Very cool!
- Long battery life of 7 hours allows you to play music throughout your day. Automatic recharging options for charging in just 4 hours.
- The sleek, newly designed aluminum case includes four spherical control buttons that illuminate with color-coding information for further functionality. Also includes a full-function remote control.
- The latest FPGA technology and advanced WTA (Watts Transient Aligned) filters have been introduced in the Hugo 2 to improve timing accuracy, noise reduction, headphone amp power, and dynamic range.
- Offers four digital inputs (optical, coaxial and HD USB) plus extended-range Bluetooth, with high-resolution file playback up to 768kHz and up to DSD512 (Octa DSD), via its HD USB input. Analogue outputs include 2x RCA, plus 3.5mm and 6.35mm headphone outputs.
- A four-function switch filter offers the user to shape the frequency, bringing warm and soft or transparent and incisive presentations, giving additional flexibility and user control.
- Hugo 2 keeps the popular digital crossfeed function of the original while offering three operation modes from its dedicated control sphere. The system cross-feeds a partial 400 millisecond-delayed and shaped signal from each left and right output to the opposite channel.
|Signal To Noise Ratio||126 dB (A-Weighted)|
|Roon Status||Roon Tested|