Low Mass Generator Moving Coil
Allows from much better groove tracking.
Built Using HD Cameras
Rega heavily invested in HD cameras to better see the fine details during assembly in the UK to assure high tolerances.
Single Piece Body
Low resonance and the clear cover is a beauty to behold.
The Apheta is the second generation of Rega's unique moving coil cartridges. Taking the technology developed from the first Apheta to the next level, Rega's engineers have fine tuned every aspect of the original design.
Apheta 2 features a super high-powered, neodymium magnet and a coil meticulously hand wound on an iron cross that is fifty percent smaller than the original. This weight reduction allows a greater freedom to track the vinyl groove, ensuring even more detail is extracted from the vinyl.
- A unique design.
- Conventional MC cartridges utilize a steel suspension system (tie wire) which creates a high amplitude H.F. resonance (normally around 8-12kHz). Such resonance is unacceptable and is usually damped by a rudimentary piece of foam rubber.
- However, the foam rubber deteriorates with age and cannot prevent the complete structure from vibrating and "ringing".
- The specifics and adjustment of the tie wire and damping determine whether the cartridge is under damped (bright) or over damped (warm and bass heavy).
- A happy medium is rarely achieved.
- This encouraged Rega to pursue a new direction inspired by modern materials and the basic laws of magnetism. The Apheta 2 contains neither a tie wire nor a foam damper.
- Moving coil aficionados will all recognise the long search for super clear, high frequency combined with firm, tight bass.
|Cartridge Type||Moving Coil|
|Cantilever Material||Tapoured Aluminum|
|Cartridge Output||Low Output|
|Loading Range||100 Ohms|
|Stylus Type||Line Contact|
|Tracking Force Range||1.75 - 2.0|
You might also like...
Sutherland MCX Phono Preamp$6,000.00
Focal Utopia 2020 Over-Ear Headphones$4,400.00
Revel F208 Floorstanding Speaker$2,500.00