JBL Synthesis SSW-3
Dual 10" In-Wall Subwoofer
Part of the JBL Synthesis Subwoofer series, the SSW-3 is an ultra-high-performance passive in-wall subwoofer acoustically designed to complement any of the JBL Synthesis Custom Loudspeakers (SCL series) as part of a complete JBL Synthesis solution.
Part of the JBL Synthesis Subwoofer series, the SSW-3 is an ultra-high-performance passive in-wall subwoofer acoustically designed to complement any of the JBL Synthesis Custom Loudspeakers (SCL series) as part of a complete JBL Synthesis solution. The SSW-3 features dual 10-inch (250mm) cast-frame, composite cone woofers, each with large 2.5-inch (63mm) voice coils for total system power handling of 600W RMS. A compression-molded baffle with extensive structural ribbing provides a rigid, low-resonance mounting surface for the transducers. The baffle assembly attaches to the included in-wall enclosure resulting in a completely sealed acoustic suspension design. The in-wall enclosure is constructed of 0.75-inch (19mm) MDF with substantial internal bracing and features rubber isolation mounting points to minimize sonic intrusion into the wall structure. The combined assembly is designed to fit standard 2x6-inch wood frame construction. The backbox and baffle ship together.
Designed for discrete in-wall installation, the SSW-3 includes a paintable zero-bezel, magnetically attached grille, or it may be used without the grille when located behind acoustically transparent fabric panels. The SSW-3 delivers powerful, dynamic, and accurate bass response in medium to large-sized rooms.
- Dual 10" (250mm) composite cone woofers
- Designed for use with JBL Synthesis SDA amplifiers
- Self-contained, concealed module with integrated back box
- SSW-3 includes back box and baffle shipped together in over-packed box
- Zero-bezel, magnetically attached grille
- Rigid MDF enclosure
- Designed to fit standard 2 x 6 stud frame construction
- Speaker Type Dual 10” (250mm) Passive In-wall Subwoofer
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 150Hz (-6dB)
- Recommended Amplifier Power 600 Watts RMS
- Impedance 4 Ohms nominal
- Sensitivity 88dB (2.83V/1m), both woofers driven
- Back Box Enclosure Dimensions (H x W x D) 64” x 14” x 5.1” (1626 x 356 x 130mm)
- Mounting Cutout Size (W x H) 15.5” x 66” (393.7 x 1676.4mm)
- Grille Size (W x H x D) 16.89” x 28.425” x 0.375” (429 x 722 x 9.53mm)
- Weight 81 lbs (36.75kg) per speaker