Prime Scout Turntable
The Prime Scout blends the original VPI Scout and VPI Prime to create a curvy, easy to use, sonic powerhouse with all of VPI's best qualities with combined, refined performance. The Prime Scout goes deeper, tracks better for even more resolution, and to us, has an even purer pitch (speed stability).
When you first see the Prime Scout, you will notice it looks strikingly close to its famous big brother, the Prime. Everything VPI learned in their Prime table seems to have been passed down into the Prime Scout. What a value!
Like all VPI products, the Prime Scout is 100% American-made. Every single part of it is put together with great precision and pride. It is a true pleasure to use and should last for many many years.
Not only is the Prime Scout a great table, but if you get the hankering to make it even closer to the Prime, many of the Prime parts can be added to it later, so you have a wonderful upgrade path.
- Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing and fitted to a shaft with #2 Jacob's Taper for concentric rigidly mounted coupling and ZERO wobble.
- 300 RPM AC synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter with smooth, quiet operation.
- JMW 9 tonearm is a full unipivot design and is virtually friction-free in all planes. Unipivot type arms are trickier to get calibrated, but properly set up with a good cartridge will extract a ton of information out of your record grooves.
- Includes a screw-down record clamp that helps to minimize the effect of any warps in your records.
- Special isolation feet are constructed from Delrin, a super hard plastic material to keep noise from getting into the table.
- Cartridge not included. Everything is fully adjustable, which will allow you to perfectly match it to your phono cartridge.
|Dimensions||21.06 x 15.07 x 7.48|
|Included Phono Cable||None|
|motor||300 RPM AC synchronous motor|
|Turntable Platter||1-3/8" thick 6061 aluminum platter|