Pro-Ject Debut PRO S
Turntable w/ S-Shaped Tonearm, Electronic Speed Control, & Pick it S2 C Cartridge - Satin Black
Debut PRO S extends the PRO series in style and is consistent with Pro-Ject's philosophy to turntables that nurture conscious listening. Debut PRO S takes this philosophy to the next level. The manual controls invite the listener to interact with the turntable. The audible reward follows from the tactile experience. There are no unnecessary switches, LEDs nor labeling to distract from the essentials here. Their latest s-shaped 10″ aluminum tonearm design is precision-machined and includes a CNC-milled bearing block for a new degree of resolution. Debut PRO S is perfect for the cartridge lover, allowing exploration of various voices via easy swapping of the phono cartridge & headshell. Tack on azimuth & VTA adjustment and you have full control over the setup parameters of your cartridge. As usual, the deck is handmade in Europe using top-quality materials. The full satin black finish (including hand-painted parts) makes Debut PRO S an intriguing eyecatcher that looks as good as it sounds.
In-House CNC-Machined Aluminum Components
Take a closer look and you’ll find no hollow spaces nor plastic parts. Only high-quality aluminum parts are implemented to ensure optimal sound quality. The hand-painted precision CNC-milled components are visually stunning, lending themselves to the simple & modern aesthetics of Debut PRO S.
10″ Aluminum S-Shaped Tonearm
The latest s-shaped aluminum tonearm design ensures excellent damping and 10″ effective length enables perfect tracking of the record groove with minimal tracking error (including in the inner grooves). Compared to a straight tonearm, the s-shaped design requires more material and thus increases effective mass, accommodating cartridges that might be on the heavier side.
Adjustable VTA & Azimuth
Both azimuth and vertical tracking angle (VTA) are adjustable. Tonearm height can be easily changed by loosening the two grub screws at the rear of the armboard (then retightened!). For azimuth, there’s a single grub screw near the gimbal that allows for armtube rotation. Such versatility allows for endless experimentation with varying cartridges & records mats so that you can achieve the sonics that best suit you.
Built-In Speed Controller & Stabilizer
Platter speed is electronically controlled with the utmost precision ensuring speed accuracy & stability. Toggle between 33 & 45rpm with the flip of a switch. The supplied round belt for 78rpm records deepens the versatility of Debut PRO S. Coupled with the diamond-cut aluminum sub-platter, platter speed is impeccable. The sub-platter also increases the mass of the drive system resulting in additional damping of noise and unwanted resonance.
TPE-Damped Die-Cast Aluminum Record Platter
The die-cast aluminum platter is machined and balanced to perfection. Pro-Ject added a TPE-ring to the underside of the high-mass platter that increases damping and rotational mass, further improving speed stability.
True Balanced – Get Blown Away
Setting them apart from the competition, all Pro-Ject turntables are configured for balanced operation.* Switching to balanced is no subtle upgrade and promises to redefine ‘reference’ sound quality in your turntable system. What’s needed to get there are a) a moving coil cartridge, b) a turntable with balanced phono outputs, c) a phono preamp with balanced phono inputs, and d) a balanced cable carrying the phono signal from turntable to phono preamp. Typically a much more costly endeavor, Pro-Ject has changed that landscape by offering products that make the technology attainable to any serious listener.
Debut PRO S comes equipped with a balanced RCA/ground phono output and can be run balanced with an RCA > mini XLR phono cable and a balanced phono stage with a mini XLR input (Phono Box S3 B & DS3 B). The turntable ships with an RCA/ground > RCA/ground phono cable for maximum compatibility out of the box (unbalanced dual single-ended RCA/ground is by far the most common connection type in phono). Balanced add-ons are sold separately.
*Excluding turntables with built-in phono preamps.
- Pick it S2 C integrated cartridge/headshell
- 10″ s-shaped aluminum tonearm
- Precision aluminum platter with TPE damping
- Fully adjustable VTA
- Nickel-plated aluminum bearing block
- Motor suspension with TPE damping
- Height-adjustable TPE-damped metal feet
- Precision belt-drive with electronic speed control
- 8x coats hand-painted satin black MDF chassis
- Premium semi-symmetrical phono cable
- Gold-plated RCA connectors
- Dustcover included
- Handmade in Europe
- Speed: 33, 45/(78) (electronic speed change)
- Drive principle: belt-drive w/ electronic speed control
- Platter: 300mm, die-cast aluminum platter with TPE damping and felt mat
- Platter bearing: high-precision stainless steel axle in bronze bushing
- Wow & flutter: 33: +/-0.16%; 45: +/-0.14%
- Speed drift: 33: +/-0.40%; 45: +/-0.50%
- Signal to noise: 68dB
- Tonearm: 10″ aluminum with SME-type headshell connection
- Effective arm length/mass: 254mm/8g
- Overhang: 16mm
- Included accessories: 15V DC / 0.8A power supply, dustcover, 78rpm round belt, 7″ singles adapter
- Power consumption: 4W (0W standby)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 462 x 145 x 345mm
- Dimensions (standard): 18.19 x 5.71 x 13.58
- Mass (weight): 8kg (15.43 lbs) net
- Stylus: elliptical
- Mass: 18.5g
- Tip radius: 13/25µm
- Frequency response: 20Hz-22kHz
- Output voltage: 6mV
- Channel separation: 24dB @ 1kHz
- Compliance dynamic/lateral: 7µm/mN
- Tracking force range: 2.0-5.0g
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal inductance: 450mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47k ohms
- Recommended load capacitance: 200-600pF