DragonFly Red USB Digital-to-Analog Converter
DragonFly plugs into a computer's USB port to bypass the computer's compromised audio circuitry and deliver cleaner, clearer, more naturally beautiful sound to headphones, powered speakers, and complete audio systems.
Red is the "bug" that exceeds all expectations.
Red offers next-level performance with more holographic details. At under $200, it might represent the ultimate combination of performance and value.
Special Order: Extended Delivery TimeLearn More
Gordon Rankin Design
Designed by who many people consider the “Godfather” of USB DACs, Gordon Rankin brings years of digital experience to DragonFly Red.
Transforms Portable Audio Experiences
Compatible with all major streaming apps, including Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify and Apple Music, the difference you will hear on a good set of headphones or speakers will make you never want to hear music without it.
Performance That Satisfies The Pros
Never compromising on the highest quality professional-grade components, Red packs next-level performance for only a slightly higher price-point. It’s the little bug that will satisfy the most demanding audio enthusiasts.
Beautiful Sound from Any Mobile Device or Computer
Being able to enjoy music and videos on smartphones, tablets, and computers is now delightfully universal.
Unfortunately, the Digital-to-Analog Converters (DAC) inside these devices offer minimal performance, even when the sample-rate numbers (24/192, etc.) look impressive. Built-in DACs do the job but don’t give you nearly the clarity, dynamics, and sensuality that’s hiding in the digital file.
Whether using a free streaming service, premium HighResolution or MQA-encoded streaming (such as Tidal Masters) or playing your own MP3 files or videos — whatever you listen to or watch — all DragonFlys make the experience much more compelling and immersive.
Whether plugged into an Apple® or Windows® computer, or connected to an iOS® or Android® mobile device, DragonFly delivers beautiful sound to earbuds, headphones, desktop speakers, or complete audio systems, letting you hear all the emotional expression and nuance that makes your favorite music and movies so enjoyable.
Hint: For even more natural sound, put an AudioQuest JitterBug between your music and your DragonFly.
- Plays all music files: MP3 to High-Res and MQA - Compatible with Apple® and Windows® PCs
- Compatible with iOS devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter/Connection Kit)
- Compatible with Android devices (requires DragonTail or other USB Adaptor for Android Devices)
- Drives a wide range of low- to high-efficiency headphones n Volume control for powered speakers or power amp
- Set volume to match other preamp or AV receiver sources
- Dramatically Better Sound from MP3s, YouTube, Etc.
- High-End Performance from High-Resolution and MQA & Masters Files
- Bit-Perfect Variable Output Drives Headphones, Powered Speakers, or Power Amp
- Sample rates supported, LED indicator color code: 44.1kHz (Green), 48kHz (Blue), 88.2kHz (Amber), 96kHz (Magenta), MQA (Purple)
- Volume Control: 64-bit Bit-Perfect Digital Volume Control
- Output voltage: 2.1vrms
- Output impedance: 0.65 ohms
Important ingredients which explain some of Red’s precedent-setting performance:
- ESS ES9016 DAC chip with a minimum-phase fast roll-off filter for even more natural detailed sound.
- Microchip PIC32MX270 microprocessor with 32-bit architecture and an extremely low current draw.
*Both StreamLength and monoClock are registered trademarks of Wavelength Audio, ltd.
|Features||MQA, Portable, Roon Tested|
|Roon Status||Roon Tested|
Write Your Own Review
You might also like...
- Revel W363 In-Wall Speaker$250.00
- NAD C658 BluOS Streaming DAC$1,649.00
- Revel C205 Center Channel Speaker$1,000.00
- Paradigm Defiance X12 Subwoofer$1,299.00
- Cambridge Audio SX-80 Floorstanding Speakers - PairRegular Price $599.99 - $600.00 $599.99 - $600.00
- Sony VPL-HW65ES HD Home Cinema Projector$2,998.00