T1 Phono SB Turntable
The T1 from Pro-Ject Audio Systems is the first T-Line turntable, aiming to deliver true high-fidelity sound on a limited budget. Boasting premium materials, stylish aesthetics and a rich, lively sound, the extensive development process has ensured that there has been no compromise in the sound performance when achieving such an affordable price. Compared to the base T1-model, the Phono SB version includes a built-in, Pro-Ject designed high-quality phono preamp and an electronic speed switch between 33 and 45 RPM.
A Serious Table at an Amazing Price
The T1 has more high tech features than any table we have seen in this price range, from the company that invented budget, performance turntables.
Normally only found on more expensive tables, the glass platter is very heavy, giving you a great flywheel effect for excellent speed stability.
The new tonearm on the T1 is state of the art and perfectly matched to the included Ortofon OM5E cartridge. A superb combination.
Pushing Audiophile Design to a new Affordable Level
For the drive system, where most competitive products use un-regulated DC motors with wide speed fluctuations, the T1 Phono SB features an electronically regulated, precision-speed AC motor. The T1 Phono SB electronic switches between 33 and 45 RPM. The result is a low-noise, stable drive system for the turntable.
The stylish CNC-machined plinth, available in High Gloss Black, Satin White or Walnut finish, is carefully designed to ensure there are no hollow cavities or cheap resonant plastic parts inside, therefore avoiding unwanted vibrations within the chassis.
In the T1-line, the motor drives a belt-system, attached to a newly designed sub-platter, which is mounted into an ultra-precise 0.001mm main bearing with a hardened steel axle and brass bushing – just like our coveted Essential III turntables. Alongside the chosen motor system, the T1 is, therefore, able to ensure a smooth, anti-resonant rotational platform for the tonearm and cartridge to ride across.
Carrying this philosophy through the design, the glass platter is also a heavy, zero-resonance design – again avoiding the flaws of plastic or lightweight steel alternatives. Finally, the purpose chosen turntable feet also do a good job of isolating the T1 from ambient vibrations around your hi-fi system.
The tonearm on the T1-line is a new model, based on previous Pro-Ject designs. With its straight, 8.6” effective length and stiff aluminum construction, this one-piece tonearm also features low-friction bearings for absolute accuracy in use. Besides the clean and stylish looks, the integrated headshell won‘t cause any additional vibrations either, and is a big improvement over other detachable, screwed-on or glued-on headshells!
Supplied with an Ortofon OM5e Moving Magnet cartridge, featuring an elliptical diamond stylus tip; this is a true hi-fi playback system with no corners cut.
The T1 Phono SB is then finished with super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables, purpose-designed by Pro-Ject – not off-the-shelf RCA cables. There is also a dust cover for extra protection and a felt mat to protect your records.
- Precision belt-drive with accurately regulated speed stability and electronic 33/45 RPM speed change
- Built-in, switchable phono preamp
- Anti-resonant sub-platter design
- Heavy 8mm, zero-resonance blasted-glass platter
- Precision CNC'd chassis: NO hollow spaces, NO plastic
- Factory Calibrated Anti-skate and tonearm balance
- Ortofon OM5e Moving Magnet pickup, factory aligned
- 8,6“ highly precise and light aluminum tonearm
- Low friction, vibration-free tonearm bearing
- One-piece tonearm design with integrated headshell
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables - purpose-designed by Pro-Ject
- Vibration absorbing feet
- Elegant dustcover with adjustable hinges
- Available in High-Gloss Black, Satin White, and Walnut
- Hand-made in Europe
- Speed: 33, 45 (electronic speed change)
- Principle: Belt drive
- Speed variance: 33: 0.7% 45: 0.6%
- Wow & Flutter: 33: 0.25% 45: 0.23%
- Platter: Heavy 8mm, blasted-glass platter with felt mat
- Main bearing: Stainless steel/brass
- Signal to noise: 65dB
- Tonearm: 8.6” aluminium
- Effective arm length: 218.5 mm
- Overhang: 18.0 mm
- Effective tonearm mass: 8.0 g
- Counterweight for mass: 5 - 10g (pre-mounted)
- Tracking force range: 0 - 50mN (17.5 mN pre-adjusted)
- Outputs: RCA Phono/Line (switchable)
- Included accessories: dustcover, feltmat, power supply, high-quality phono/line RCA cable
- Power Supply: 110 - 240V/50, 60Hz; 15 V DC 550mA
- Power consumption: 3 Watt max
- Dimensions: 415x100x335 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 3.8 kg net
|Features||Belt Drive, Built In Phono Stage, Cartridge Included, Detachable Cable, Dustcover Included, Manual|
|Included Accessories||dustcover, feltmat, power supply, high-quality phono/line RCA cable|
|Cartridge Type||Ortofon OM5E MM|
|Phono Stage Built-In||Yes|
|Turntable Platter||Heavy 8mm, blasted-glass platter with felt mat|
|Tonearm Type||8.6” aluminium|
You might also like...
Pro-Ject RPM 3 Carbon TurntableRegular Price $999.00 $999.00
Rega Planar 2 TurntableRegular Price $675.00 $675.00
Pro-Ject Vinyl Cleaner VC-E$499.00