NW-WM1Z Premium Hi-Res Walkman
Reach the pinnacle of portable listening with Sony's Signature Series Hi-Res Walkman that combines years of experience in digital amplification with our relentless pursuit of brilliant audio quality. From the groundbreaking digital amplifier to the best-in-class gold-plated OFC chassis and Kimber cables, each Signature Series component elevates the high-resolution sound experience from one you listen to, to one you can feel.
The team at Sony packed the largest high performance components possible into its gold-plated, oxygen-free copper chassis that still fits in your pocket.
Designed for Life
This is the easiest to use portable music player we have ever encountered. Its display, which comes from Sony’s TV division is super clear. The layout of controls will only take few seconds to understand. Not only is it built for your lifestyle, it’s also made to last a lifetime
Wizardry that Actually Works
Many times we see circuitry and features that actually degrade sound instead of improving them. Not so with the NW-WM1Z. The DS-EEHX really did improve the quality of lower res files, which is super impressive.
- Gold plated, oxygen-free copper chassis design with a leather section embedded in the back to keep it from sliding.
- 32bit 384kHz PCM bit-to-bit playback and Native DSD support (up to 11.2MHz).
- Supports balanced (4.4mm) and unbalanced (6.3mm, 3.5mm) connections. Also features a proprietary balanced connection that separates left and right signals, minimizing transmission loss and sound deterioration. The balanced in one connection minimizes cable clutter. Engineered with 4-wire braided Kimber Kable
- Includes buttons for power, volume, and transport control, with a single “hold" switch that will lock out all the buttons and touch panel.
- 256 GB built-in memory and micro SD memory card slot.
- Up to 33-hours of High-Resolution music playback.
- 4.0" touchscreen with simple, intuitive navigation and side-key control.
- Enjoy near hi-res quality wireless sound via Bluetooth with LDAC™.
- Make compressed audio sound brilliant by restoring lost audio fidelity with DSEE HX™.
- Large low-phase noise quartz oscillator precision clock reduces timing jitter.
|Battery||Power Type: built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
USB power (from a computer via a USB connector of the player)
|Screen Size||Display Technology: TFT color display with white LED-backlight, capacitive touchscreen
Screen Size: 4.0" / 10.2 cm / FWVGA (854 x 480 Pixels)
|Supported Operating Systems||Mac: OS X 10.8 - 10.11
Microsoft: Windows 10, 8.1, 7 (SP1 or later), or Vista (SP2 or later),
|Supported Audio Formats||MP3 (MPEG-1 Layer3): 32 to 320 kbps (Supports variable bit rate (VBR)) at 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz
WMA: ASF file format, 32-192 kbps (Supports variable bit rate (VBR)) at 44.1 kHz
FLAC: 16, 24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz
Linear PCM: Wave-Riff file format, wav file extension, 16, 24, 32 (Float/Integer) at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz
AAC: MP4, mp4,.m4a,.3gp file extension, 16 to 320 kbps ((Supports variable bit rate (VBR)) at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
HE-AAC: MP4, mp4,.m4a,.3gp file extension, 32 to 144 kbps at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1 and 48kHz
Apple Lossless: MP4, m4a, .mp4 file extension, 16 to 24-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz
AIFF: 16-24-32-bit at 8, 11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz
DSD: 1-bit at 2.8224 MHz, 5.6448, 11.2896 MHz
|Bluetooth Profile||Frequency Range: 2.4 GHz band (2.4000 GHz - 2.4835 GHz)
Modulation Method: FHSS
Version: Version 4.2
You might also like...
Anthem MRX 1120 Multi Channel Receiver$3,499.00
Sony Master Series 85" LED 8K HDR Smart TVSpecial Price $7,998.00 Regular Price $9,998.00
McIntosh MAC7200 200 Watt Receiver$7,500.00