DMP-Z1 Digital Music Player Signature Series
Enjoy the ultimate music experience anywhere with the DMP-Z1, crafted to deliver unrivaled resolution and dynamics to the most demanding headphones and audiophiles' ears. Built-in battery power lets you revel in music as it was meant to be heard, wherever you are.
- Take your digital music collection to another level with High-Resolution Audio. By capturing and reproducing digital audio at a higher rate than CD (24-bit/192 kHz and beyond), High-Resolution Audio allows you to get closer to the original studio recording and enjoy your music just as the artist intended.
- The DMP-Z1 supports files up to DSD native 11.2 MHz and PCM playback up to 384 kHz/32-bit, which means all the authentic detail of the original recording is retained.
- Clear stereo separation and soundstaging is delivered by a 0.17" balanced headphone jack, which is compatible with a broad range of premium headphones. The internal wiring for both the 0.17" and standard, unbalanced, 0.14" jacks uses a thick KIMBER KABLE® for signal integrity.
- Five battery cells drive both digital and analog amplification circuits independently for enhanced dynamics and reduced internal electromagnetic interference. By isolating the power delivery from conventional AC power supplies, you enjoy both a more open treble response and tighter bass delivery, without the harshness transmitted through AC line noise.
- Enjoy stereo channel precision right to the headphone output with the custom-crafted passive-balanced volume potentiometer. Copper and gold-plated brass ensures absolute sonic purity across all dynamic levels.
- Exceptional stereo imaging and an enhanced dynamic range is delivered through two independent AK4497EQ mono Digital-Analog Convertors (DACs), especially when matched with balanced headphone listening. An exceptionally low noise floor and native support for ultra-high-resolution audio formats ensures absolutely pristine analog audio translation.
- By incorporating an audiophile-grade, high-power headphone amplifier, the DMP-Z1 realizes 1,500 mW (16 Ω) to drive even the most demanding headphones.
- Clear stereo separation and soundstaging is delivered by a 0.17" balanced headphone jack which is compatible with a broad range of premium headphones. The internal wiring for both the 0.17" and standard, unbalanced, 0.14" jack uses a thick KIMBER KABLE® for signal integrity.
- An OFC plate on the circuit board with gold plating (minimum purity 99.96) reduces contact resistance, giving a clearer audio quality. Gold plating also prevents oxidization and improves ground stability too.
- To ensure minimal resonance and vibration are transmitted between the isolated boards, all circuit boards of the DMP-Z1 are mounted on a solid, frame-based chassis. This lessens external electrical or seismic interference so that each circuit can achieve optimal performance.
- To keep sound transparent and minimize distortion, the analog board is separated from the digital board on the H-shaped chassis. This cuts noise and realizes solid ground.
- Engineered specifically for portable performance, the power circuit dedicated to the analog audio board makes an ideal pairing for the DC battery-power of the DMP-Z1. An extremely low-noise voltage regulator and DC/DC converter ensure pristine power is delivered to the amp, with enough headroom to comfortably drive even the highest impedance headphones with maximum dynamics and a minimal noise floor. Five electric double-layer capacitors (EDLC) with large capacity and low ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance) supply power from the batteries of the DMP-Z1. This means no sudden falls in voltage, and power is stably supplied to the DAC and amplifier.
- The DMP-Z1 features newly-developed FT CAP high polymer capacitors in the power supplies for the DAC and amplifier, which inhibits voltage spikes that could cause subtle audio distortions. The result is clear, transparent melodic lines and tight bass line control, regardless of your choice of music.
- The all-important headphone outputs and other outputs of the DMP-Z1 feature newly developed lead-free solder with the addition of gold to enhance the signal flow. The exceptional conductivity of gold ensures the absolute minimum signal loss possible, for full dynamic range delivery.
- OFC (Oxygen-free cable) shielded cables are designed for lower resistance and a superior signal-to-noise ratio. Separate cables transmit the balanced audio signals for right and left channels independently, to prevent cross-talk and interference and ensure a perfectly presented soundstage.
- By isolating the power supply, digital circuitry, and analog amplification in the circuit design, the DMP-Z1 has dramatically lower electronic interference, reduced noise and improved overall sound clarity.
- Get lost again in the richness of the melodies and dynamics of your favorite albums by giving back the character of vinyl to your digital tracks. Subtle reproduction of the low-frequency resonance, tone-arm resistance, and surface noise deliver an authentic listening experience. A simple, intuitive touchscreen experience makes it easy to change settings, and a spectrum analyzer visualizes frequency amplitude instantly. Complete with dedicated control keys, the DMP-Z1 lets you choose between UI interface and a more tactile experience.
- With 256 GB internal storage and 2x micro SD slots, there's room for all your music.
- Audio upscaling is improved even further by our new DSEE HX™ processor which intelligently recognizes instrumentation and musical genres. Realism and liveliness of different instruments, including the human voice, are inherently characterized by high-frequency harmonics. By identifying instruments, and the relative energy of the audio, our enhanced DSEE HX™ can accurately rebuild audio lost during digital compression for a full fidelity experience, even with compressed audio formats.
- For added clarity, the LCD panel is made from polished glass—coupled with lapping aluminum panels and a gilded volume control, the DMP-Z1 shines sleekly like a glass mirror.
- When connected using the supplied USB cable, the DMP-Z1 replaces your computer's regular sound processing with its own highly-tuned hardware for premium sound quality.
- Stream music through the DMP-Z1 via Bluetooth® and a smartphone connection, and give all your music a DMP-Z1 boost. Favorite tracks will benefit from digital-to-audio conversion and DSEE HX upscaling, as well as the Vinyl Processor and Equalizer.
- The carrying case is both stylish and sturdy, with soft padding to keep the unit firmly in place when you're on the move.
- The surface-mounted Fine Sound Resistor ensures even, effective distribution of power to the circuit components for consistent sound quality.