SONOS PLAYBASE Wireless Soundbase
After 4 years of research, Sonos has introduced their very first soundbase speaker. The PLAYBASE serves as a base for a TV, improves the sound from your TV system, and can serve up all the music in the world from the Sonos app.
The PLAYBASE was made to fit right under most TVs. We love the way they were able to incorporate pretty amazing home theater sound into something so flat. Plus, the smooth industrial look should fit well with just about any type of decor.
One of the first things we noticed was how well the PLAYBASE could present a sound far larger than its size. We were hearing effects that sounded like they were 10’ or more off to the side with great front-back depth. A truly spacious sound that up till now was unheard of in a TV base type design.
Sonos developed TruePlay a couple of years ago to match the speaker better to the room. It is simply amazing the improvement TruePlay gives to the PLAYBASE, even when it’s in an ideal environment! TruePlay will only take you about 2 minutes to set up, and Sonos continues to make it even better by pushing out outstanding updates.
- Supports TVs up to 77 pounds.
- Only uses two cords: one power cord, and one optical cord for your TV. The Sonos app guides you through every step of set up.
- Ten amplified internal drivers, six mid-range, three tweeters, and one woofer replace the limited output of your TV's built-in speakers with deeper booms, crystal-clear whispers, and huge waves of sound—totally vibration free.
- Sonos plays all popular streaming services (Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal), free Internet radio, podcasts, audiobooks, your go-to collection of downloads, and whatever you love to listen to. The Sonos app has bass, treble, and loudness controls to fine-tune the sound of your PLAYBASE. In addition, the PLAYBASE also incorporates the Sonos TruePlay system, which allows you to fine tune the speaker to the room.
- Night Sound settings give quiet sounds a slight boost, and loud sounds are automatically reduced.
- Can easily be enhanced with Sonos SUB for earth-shaking bass, or a pair of PLAY:1 speakers for surround sound.
|Control By App||Yes|
|Power Supply||AC power adapter|
|Supported Formats||MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files|
|Accessories||AC power adapter|
|Music Player Type||Connects to Existing Audio System|
|High Resolution Capable||Yes|
|Optical Digital Input||No|
|Total Audio Inputs||No|
|EQ - Bass, Treble, Frequencies||No|
|Internet Radio Included||No|