3 Piece Glass Flywheel Platter
Increased mass on edges results in unbeatable speed stability.
Voted one of the best tonearms on the market, complete with low friction bearings for optimum performance.
Skeletal Plinth with Foam Core
Low mass stiff design eliminates resonances while maintaining aesthetic appeal.
- In 2013 the RP8 was voted one of the best designs of all time by two of the worlds most respected designers, Apple's Sir Jony Ive and Marc Newson.
- The RB808 tonearm is packed with new features pushing the boundaries of tonearm design. All Rega tonearms are meticulously hand built by a team of highly skilled technicians. The RB808 has improved bearings and a tightened spindle fit tolerance over previous models (each bearing is individually selected to find the perfect match for the chosen spindle). This is a proven method of increasing the amount of detail retrieved from the record surface.
- The RB808 uses the latest Rega arm tube. Completely redesigned to redistribute mass, further reduce stresses and resonances, this advanced design tube increases the stiffness and rigidity of the overall assembly using CAD design to blend the multiple varying tapers.
- Externally Rega has fitted a bespoke Rega designed, low capacitance phono cable, which uses an advanced phono plug assembly. This has only two parts to minimise joints and incorporates a twist and clamp design locking the plug to the terminal. The design increases connectivity and ensures the signal path is kept as clean as possible.
- The compact TT-PSU uses a high stability, crystal locked, low distortion sine wave generator. This, along with an efficient drive amplifier fed from a stabilised DC power supply, generates a 24v AC balanced signal of less than 0.05% distortion, which is completely un-affected by any changes in the mains/line voltage and conditions. This then drives the improved Rega anti-vibration circuit built into the RP8 motor PCB.
- A super lightweight plinth combined with a double brace mounted specifically where the increased rigidity is required (between the tonearm mounting and the main hub bearing) forms a structurally sound “stressed beam” assembly. This design prevents energy absorption and unwanted resonances which will add un-natural distortions to the music.
|Phono Stage Built In||No|
|Comes With Cartridge||No|
|Adjustable VTA||Yes (requires accessories)|
|Included Phono Cable||Premium|
|Motor||24v low noise motor|
|Turntable Speed||33, 45 RPM (manual speed change)|
|Turntable Platter||Triple layer float glass platter|
Product Sound Profile
Your Sound Profile
Larger areas of overlay () indicate products that are a closer match to what you are looking for.
Home / Work(Stationary)
Travel / Jogging(Active)
Value(Best Value for the Money)
Quality(Best Quality Available)