MHA150 Headphone/integrated Amp
The MHA150 Headphone Amplifier is a worthy successor to the critically-acclaimed MHA100. The MHA150 contains the same feature set and performance standards but adds McIntosh's new 2nd generation digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that provides support for DSD and DXD files to give you access to the latest in digital music.
Special Order: Extended Delivery TimeLearn More
Like the MHA100, the MHA150 continues to take advantage of unique McIntosh technologies to create the best possible personal listening experience regardless of the headphones you use. McIntosh's Autoformer technology found in their large mono and stereo amplifiers has been adapted to produce three headphone impedance ranges of 8-40, 40-150 and 150-600 Ohms so that every headphone will receive the legendary McIntosh sound quality and performance.
For enjoying DSD and DXD files, the USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128, and DSD256 along with DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. Their proprietary MCT input has also been added to the MHA150; when paired with the MCT80 SACD/CD Transport, it offers a secure DSD connection for playback of the high definition audio on SACDs.
For connecting digital devices, an optical and coaxial input are included along with the USB and MCT inputs; two analog inputs are also available. Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD) brings added dimension to your music in a natural sounding way but can be turned off depending on your preferences. The MHA150 is smaller than McIntosh's other amplifiers, giving you additional flexibility to locate it almost anywhere in your space. It’s the same width as the MB50 Streaming Audio Player and the two can be combined to start building a complete system.
The MHA150 is powerful and versatile enough to drive a pair of quality desktop or small bookshelf speakers via its 50 Watt stereo speaker outputs. Their patented Power Guard technology is included and will prevent clipping that could damage your headphones or speakers. A 5 step Bass Boost Control allows for further sound customization. The entire unit is housed in a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis that not only complements the classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum end caps, but virtually any room decor.
- Headphone Power Output: High Selection: 1W / Normal Selection: 250mW
- Headphone Output Impedance: 8-40 Ohms, 40-150 Ohms, 150-600 Ohms
- Amplifier Power Output: 50 watts per channel with both channels operating into 8 Ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Inputs: 1 high level unbalanced (stereo), 1 high level balanced (stereo), 4 digital
- Outputs: 1 headphone (1/4”), 1 preamplifier (stereo), 1 set of stereo speaker terminals (8 Ohms)
- Digital Section: 1 Coax, 1 Optical, 1 MCT, 1 USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz, McIntosh Digital Engine is 32-bit/384kHz, USB 2.0 asynchronous
- Tone Controls: 5 Step Bass Boost Control
|Power Per Channel||50 Watts|
|Inputs||1 high level unbalanced (stereo), 1 high level balanced (stereo), 4 digital|
|Outputs||1 headphone (1/4”), 1 preamplifier (stereo), 1 set of stereo speaker terminals (8 Ohms)|
|Frequency Response||+0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz / +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100kHz|
|Sample Rate||Digital Coaxial Input Sample Rate: 16-bit, 24-bit - 32kHz to 192kHz |
Digital Optical Input Sample Rate: 16-bit, 24-bit - 32kHz to 192kHz
Digital MCT (DIN) Input Sample Rate: 16-bit, 24-bit - 32kHz to 192kHz
Digital USB Input Sample Rate: 16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit - 32kHz to 384kHz
|Total Harmonic Distortion||0.005%|
|Signal To Noise Ratio||105dB|
|Distortion||Intermodulation Distortion: 0.005% maximum, if the instantaneous peak power is 100 watts or less per channel with both channels operating for any combination of frequencies from 20Hz to 20kHz|
|Battery Life||Up to 6 hours with Bluetooth connection; playback can last even longer when using the wired connections|
|Power Requirements||120V 50/60Hz, 1.5A|
|Features||Headphone Amp, Includes a DAC, USB DAC|
|Warranty||3 year limited warranty|
Write Your Own Review
You might also like...
- McIntosh MCD350 CD Player$5,500.00
- Mark Levinson No. 585 Integrated Amplifier$12,000.00
- Mark Levinson No. 585.5 Integrated Amplifier$16,000.00
- McIntosh MAC7200 200 Watt Receiver$7,500.00
- McIntosh MXA80 Compact Audio System$6,000.00