In 1991 Pro-Ject started a revolution in HiFi with the introduction of the Pro-Ject 1 turntable. A new high-end, low budget turntable at a time when CD was king. Against all odds, we were creating interest in analog audio at a time when others were turning their backs, and the success was only down to three critical philosophies: Simple yet technically correct design, High-quality valuable materials, and Fully handcrafted, expert engineers, made in the EU.
The design is carefully tuned to offer the most critical features for the best price and everything is put together with Pro-Ject‘s decade long experience in making the best performing turntables without blowing the budget: MDF is 2-3 times more expensive than standard particle boards, not to mention a plastic chassis, but sounds and feels way better.
The X1‘s luxury 8 layers of painting and the hand-polished finish are 3-4 times more expensive than simple foils.
Inside, it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the quiet-running motor. This adds additional cost but performs many times better than a simple, direct powered AC motor. For even further improved performance, the motor is decoupled from the main plinth using a new motor suspension system.
In the X1, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation. This is the perfect platform on which to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character. The X1 is also better than its predecessors thanks to the super-stiff, perfectly tempered Carbon/Alu sandwich construction tonearm. This new 8.6” tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X1 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment, offering the flexibility that so many people are asking for, especially in this and even lower price ranges.
The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge-tonearm resonances.
Lastly, height-adjustable feet in their Alu/ TPE sandwich construction are a very exclusive but necessary feature to level up the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is place on.
The X1 has all the high-end features of modern turntable designs to maximize the music and listening experience. All these features can in fact be done at a reasonable cost. Due to our extensive experience and meticulous manufacturing processes, we put resources, time and effort into giving music lovers the best sound for their money, rather than cutting corners to save on costs. It is a statement and a counterpoint against other upcoming turntable designs, which go the way of offering more features but less performance.
- Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
- Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acryl platter
- 8,6” carbon/alu sandwich tonearm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
- Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pin point precision tonearm bearing
- Sumiko Rainier cartridge newly developed with Sumiko for highly dynamic and full sound
- Massive and heavy, precision CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables - purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Height adjustable, aluminum feet for massively reduced risk
of acoustical feedback
- Handmade in Europe
- Speed: 33, 45,78 (electronic speed change)
- Principle: belt drive
- Speed variance: 33: 0.30% 45: 0.25%
- Wow & flutter: 33: 0.15% 45: 0.13%
- Platter: 20mm thick, 1.5 kg heavy acryl
- Main bearing: stainless steel/brass
- Tonearm: 8,6” carbon/aluminium sandwich
- Effective arm length: 218,5 mm
- Overhang: 18 mm
- Effective tonearm mass: 10,0g
- Tracking force range: 0 - 30mN (S2MM 18mN recommended)
- Included accessories: 15volts DC /0,8A power supply,
- Dust cover, Connect it E Phono cable, feltmat
- Power consumption: 5,0 watts max /< 0.3 watt standby
- Dimensions: 415 x 125 x 335 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 7 kg net / 9.5 kg gross weight
|Dimensions||6 x 18 x 14"|
|Features||Adjustable Azimuth, Adjustable VTA, Belt Drive, Cartridge Included, Detachable Cable, Dustcover Included, Manual|
|Included Accessories||15volts DC /0,8A power supply, Dust cover, Connect it E Phono cable, felt mat|
|Included Phono Cable||Yes; Connect it E Phono cable|
|Turntable Platter||20mm thick, 1.5 kg heavy acryl|
|Tonearm Included||8,6” carbon/aluminum sandwich|
You might also like...
VPI HW-40 Anniversary Direct Drive Turntable$15,000.00
Rega Planar 8 Turntable - Apheta 3$4,395.00
EAT Prelude Turntable$1,195.00
Rega OPEN BOX Planar 8 Turntable - No Cartridge - Excellent ConditionSpecial Price $2,750.00 Regular Price $3,095.00
VPI Prime - Black$4,000.00
VPI Prime Scout Turntable$2,500.00