MP100 Phono Preamplifier
The MP100 is the first dedicated phono preamplifier from McIntosh and is designed to help both new and experienced vinyl lovers get the most fidelity, performance and – most importantly – enjoyment from their albums.
Special Order: Extended Delivery TimeLearn More
Like all McIntosh products, the MP100 is packed with features designed specifically for the vinyl lover including Moving Coil and Moving Magnet inputs; Moving Coil and Moving Magnet adjustable loading (6 settings each); balanced and unbalanced analog outputs; optical, coax and USB digital outputs; and a Mono switch for when playing mono records to decrease noise and play the signal correctly. For pure analog use, the digital outputs can be completely disabled and powered down.
There are many ways to integrate the MP100 into your audio system. If you’re new to vinyl and just building your system, it can become the main part of your setup. Or if you already have a system with an older preamp you don’t want to part with, the MP100 is an excellent way to add modern phono features. If you’ve got a home theater system and would like to add a turntable, the MP100 is an easy way to add full phono preamp capabilities without having to get a full-sized stereo preamp that would undoubtedly duplicate many of your home theater processor’s features.
While spinning vinyl on a turntable is a great and unique way to enjoy music, there’s no denying the convenience of having digital versions of the albums. When used with a properly configured conversion program, the MP100 can “rip” the records to a computer via USB to produce high-quality digital files. The digital outputs are fixed at 24-bit/96kHz to capture the full dynamic range of a record while optimizing digital file size. If an album has a very loud section, the clipping indicator will alert you so you can lower the digital output in order to produce a distortion-free recording.
Compact in size at just 3” tall, it has many ageless McIntosh design cues. It shares the same 11.5” narrow chassis design as the MXA80 Integrated Audio System, MHA150 Headphone Amplifier and MB50 Streaming Audio Player to help build a cohesive system. It can also easily be added to a system comprised of standard, wider width chassis.
- Frequency Response: ±0.3dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005% Maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Inputs: 1 Moving Coil (adjustable) 1 Moving Magnet (adjustable)
- Input Impedance: Moving Coil: 25, 50, 100, 200, 400 or 1,000 ohms; 470pF / Moving Magnet: 50, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400pF; 47K ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Moving Coil: 78dB / Moving Magnet: 80dB
- Outputs: 1 Balanced, 1 Unbalanced, 1 Coax, 1 Optical, 1 USB
- Maximum Output Voltage: Balanced: 16 Vrms / Unbalanced: 8 Vrms Overall
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 11-1/2”(29.2cm) x 3-25/32” (14.9cm) x 16-3/4” (42.5cm)
- Weight: 8.6 lbs (3.9 kg) net, 9.6 lbs (4.4 kg) in shipping carton
|Number of Channels||2|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||0.005%|
|Signal To Noise Ratio||Moving Coil: 78dB |
Moving Magnet: 80dB
|Frequency Response||±0.3dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz|
|Gain||Moving Coil: 60dB |
Moving Magnet: 40dB
|Impedance||Moving Coil: 25, 50, 100, 200, 400 or 1k Ohms; 470pF |
Moving Magnet: 47k Ohms; 50, 100, 150, 200, 300 or 400pF
|Inputs||1 Moving Coil (adjustable), 1 Moving Magnet (adjustable)|
|Outputs||1 Balanced, 1 Unbalanced, 1 Coax, 1 Optical, 1 USB|
|Number of Outputs||5|
|Max Power Consumption||8 Watts|
|Warranty||3 year limited warranty|
Write Your Own Review
You might also like...
- Revel F208 Floorstanding Speaker$2,500.00
- McIntosh MR87 AM/FM Tuner$5,000.00
- McIntosh MCT80 Compact CD Transport$4,000.00
- McIntosh MX100 A/V Processor$5,000.00