The No.515 is a premium turntable designed and built in collaboration with recognized leader VPI Industries. Leveraging VPI's superior technologies and craftsmanship to deliver unique features, performance, and appearance, the No.515 is the first turntable worthy of the Mark Levinson name.
- First-class analog source designed for the Pure Phono stage found in the No.523 and No.526
- Integrated electronic speed control for precision 33 and 45 RPM performance at the touch of a button
- Uncompromised chassis construction with exceptional dampening properties
- Highly dampened composite and aluminum sandwich main chassis
- Optimized drive system with mechanically isolated enclosure and triple belt drive
- Machined Delrin and Aluminum feet with a vibration-damping polymer core
- Custom gimbal-mounted, 3D printed tonearm with integral headshell for smooth and fluid tracking
- High torque AC synchronous motor
- Solid Aluminum platter rotates on an inverted bearing
World Class Synergy
To achieve the stunning design and performance of the No.515, Mark Levinson partnered with VPI Industries, renowned for turntable innovations and exceptional build quality. The No.515 Turntable is handcrafted in the USA to meet the exacting demands of the engineers and designers at Mark Levinson.
Unrivaled Build Quality
The No.515 is based on a highly damped vinyl-wrapped composite and aluminum sandwich main chassis. The chassis is supported by machined Delrin and Aluminum Mark Levinson feet with a vibration-damping polymer core. The solid Aluminum platter rotates on an inverted bearing, which employs a hardened stainless steel shaft spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing for maximum rotational accuracy.
Optimized Drive System
The powerful high torque AC synchronous motor is mounted to a separate vinyl-wrapped composite and Aluminum sandwich chassis and housed in its own mechanically isolated enclosure. A precision-machined pulley and triple belt drive system provide smooth, quiet operation. A custom-designed, low-distortion analog oscillator and discrete, class AB power amplifier deliver pristine power to the synchronous motor, while integrated electronic speed control delivers accurate 33 and 45 RPM operation at the push of a button.
The No.515 features a gimbal-mounted, 3D-printed tonearm with integral headshell, stainless steel counterweight, and discrete internal cartridge lead routing. The tonearm is mounted to a rigid machined Aluminum arm base featuring a precision calibrated vertical tracking angle with on the fly adjustment. The Mark Levinson "knob inspired" stainless steel record weight and felt platter mat ensure maximum stability of playback.
First Class Analog Source
Created for the discriminating analog music lover, the No.515 is the perfect complement to the Pure Phono stage included in the No.526 and No.523 preamplifiers. The No.515 turntable will be available either with or without a factory installed moving coil phono cartridge.
|Dimensions||15.9 x 21 x 7.9"|
|Features||Adjustable Azimuth, Adjustable VTA, Belt Drive, Cartridge Included, Detachable Cable, Manual|