Take your entertainment to a new realm of audio immersion. The HT-A5000 envelops you in authentic 5.1.2ch surround sound with up-firing speakers, side beam tweeters, built-in subwoofers, and advanced technologies that bring you Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® audio as well as 8K and 4K 120 video passthrough. Be immersed in the scene with action happening above and all around you.
Immersive surround sound from Sony's premium soundbar
Utilizing a combination of technology such as Vertical Surround Engine and S-Force Pro Front Surround, the HT-A5000 offers immersive sound that comes from all around you. Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® lend a more realistic, multi-dimensional sound to your content.
Calibrate sound to suit your room
Sound Field Optimization calibrates the HT-A5000 to your room environment to provide the best sound. Even if you move the soundbar from the main room to a bedroom, the HT-A5000 will adapt the sound to fit your space.
The 5.1.2ch HT-A5000 is packed with class-leading technology for all-dimensional immersive sound and voice clarity. X-Balanced speaker units minimize distortion while the up-firing speakers and beam tweeters fill the room to give an ultra-immersive listening experience. Built-in subwoofers provide an additional boost to low-end frequencies.
High-quality video passthrough
The HT-A5000 is equipped with 8K and 4K/120 passthrough to support the latest video formats including Dolby Vision. From vivid visuals to smoother, clearer movement for responsive video gameplay, the HT-A5000 has you covered.
Immerse yourself in supreme music quality
Enjoy music the way the artists truly intended with High-Resolution Audio for crystal clear precision or discover a new way of listening with 360 Reality Audio for a truly immersive live concert or studio session experience. With the HT-A5000, your music comes to life like never before.
Get fuller, richer sound with optional equipment
Two subwoofer choices (SA-SW3 and SA-SW5) and a set of rear speakers (SA-RS3S) are optional equipment designed to help you enhance the immersion of your content. The subwoofer and rear speaker accessories take out any guesswork of connecting, as they automatically pair to the HT-A5000 once they are powered on.
Effortless control and immersion with BRAVIA
With an integrated UI, home theater system settings automatically appear on the BRAVIA Quick Settings menu for easy control of sound modes, sound field, and volume. When connected to a BRAVIA TV with Acoustic Center Sync using the supplied cable, both the soundbar and the TV become the center speaker in your home theater system. This enables sound to precisely match what’s on the screen for a truly immersive experience.
Easy UI and setup
An OLED front panel display is on the soundbar for quick viewing of the volume level, sound mode, or input. An on-screen user interface helps you make more detailed adjustments to your HT-A5000 settings easily. The HT-A5000 is almost ready to go straight out of the box. Simply plug it in, connect to your TV using the HDMI eARC connection and power on or connect wirelessly to your TV. With USB, optical, and analog audio in as well as HDMI in and out (eARC) and S-CENTER OUT for compatible BRAVIA models, you have all the connections you need to enjoy a breathtaking surround sound experience.
It’s never been easier to listen to your favorite tracks. The HT-A5000 supports audio streaming via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Chromecast built-in, Spotify Connect, and Apple AirPlay 2.
Voice Assistant Compatibility
Connect to your home’s other devices with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
Size & Weight
- Main Unit Size – Body Only (W x H x D) - 1210 x 67 x 140mm
- Main Unit Size - Body Only (W x H x D) (inches) - 47 3/4" x 2 3/4" x 5 5/8"
- Main Unit Weight – Body Only - 6.1 kg
- Main Unit Weight – Body Only (oz) - 13 lb 8 oz
- Amplifier Type - Digital Amplifier, S-Master HX
- Amplifier Channels - 9ch
- Power Output (Total) - 450W
- Subwoofer Type - Built-in
- Input & Output Terminals - Optical-audio input, USB typeA, File System:exFAT/FAT12/16/32,vFAT
- IEEE802.11 Version - a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth - Yes
- Bluetooth Version - Version 5.0
- HDCP2.2 - Yes
- Number Of Input/Output - 1/1(eARC/ARC)
- eARC - Yes
- 4K/60P/YUV4:4:4 - Yes
- HDR - Yes
- Dolby Vision™ Compatible - Yes
- HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) - Yes
- BRAVIA Sync - Yes
- HDMI CEC - Yes
- HDMI Input - Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Dual Mono, DTS, DTS HD High-Resolution Audio, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS ES, DTS 96/24, DTS:X, LPCM
- HDMI eARC - Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Dual Mono, DTS, DTS HD High-Resolution Audio, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS ES, DTS 96/24, DTS:X, LPCM
- Optical Input - Dolby Digital, Dolby Dual mono, DTS, LPCM 2ch USB:DSD (.dsf / .dff ), Wav, Flac, ALAC (.m4a, .mov), AIFF (.aiff, .aif), HE AAC, AAC, mp3, Monkey Audio, WMA, Ogg Vorbis
- Bluetooth (Receiver) - AAC, SBC, LDAC
- Bluetooth (Transmitter) - SBC, LDAC
- Sound Mode - Standard, Sound Filed
- Sound Effect - Night Mode, Voice Mode, Immersive Audio Enhancement
- Virtual Surround Technology - S-Force PRO, Vertical Surround Engine, Dolby Speaker Virtual, Dolby Surround, Neural:X
- Speaker Structure - 5.1.2ch (Built-in-Subwoofer)
- Network Function - Chromecast built-in, Spotify Connect, Music Service Button, Works with Google Assistant, AirPlay2
- Wireless Surround (With Optional Wireless Speakers) - Yes
- TV Wireless Connection - Yes
- Power Consumption - 86W
- Power Consumption (On Quickstart Mode) - Less than 0.5W
- Power Consumption (On Remote Start Mode) - Less than 3W