DacMagic 200 DAC & Preamplifier
The Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M performs the digital-to-analog conversion perfectly every time, letting all kinds of audio systems sound better than ever before. As Cambridge Audio’s first product to support MQA, it can fully decode and convert these incredibly accurate files so they sound exactly as the artist intended. Look out for the blue ‘MQA’ indicator on the front panel -when lit, you know you’re listening to artist-approved studio-quality audio.
Free 2-Day ShippingLearn More
ARTIST APPROVED AUDIO
If you want to hear music exactly as it was recorded in the studio, listen to it as an MQA file. MQA is an award-winning British technology that not only captures every fine detail of a recording but also makes it easy to stream. TIDAL, for instance, uses MQA technology to deliver its ‘better than CD-quality’ TIDAL Masters streams. DacMagic 200M is Cambridge Audio’s first product to support MQA. It can fully decode and convert these incredibly accurate files, so they sound exactly as the artist intended. Look out for the blue ‘MQA’ indicator on the front panel - when lit, you know you’re listening to artist-approved studio-quality audio.
At the heart of the DacMagic 200M is a pair of extremely high-quality ESS Sabre digital-to-analog converters. They handle digital audio files up to 32bit/768kHz or DSD512, so they can deal with digital music of any kind stored on CDs, smartphones, computers - or anywhere else, for that matter. Once a digital file is onboard DacMagic 200M, its twin DACs convert it to analog information with all of its dynamics and detail intact. And because the analog signal it sends to your audio set-up is so astonishingly free of distortion, so precise and so lifelike, your system will sound more convincing and complete than it ever has before.
It’s possible to get digital audio files into DacMagic 200M in any number of ways. Digital optical, digital coaxial and USB inputs mean CD players, games consoles, laptops or any other digital equipment can be easily hooked up - and Bluetooth aptX reception means it’s just as straightforward to wirelessly deliver files from your smartphone or tablet too. DacMagic 200M has both balanced and unbalanced analog outputs, so can be easily connected to audio systems of all types, and switchable filters to give you different sonic options. And as well as its ability to deliver stunning sound to your speakers, it has a high-quality headphone amplifier with 6.3mm output on board too. So you can enjoy DacMagic 200M’s thrilling sound quality in private – at whatever volume you like.
Despite the incredible number of features, the extensive functionality, and the extraordinary technology onboard the DacMagic 200M, Cambridge Audio has managed to fit it all into a beautifully built, flawlessly finished steel and aluminum box measuring just 2.0 x 8.6 x 7.6”. This means it will fit neatly and discreetly into any existing audio set-up without taking up loads of room or drawing too much attention to itself. All that’s required is a balanced or unbalanced connection to your system (and some mains power, of course) for DacMagic 200M to deliver you a sonic upgrade that’s way bigger than the box it comes from.
- Dual ESS Sabre DACs
- MQA and DSD Support
- 6.3mm Headphone Output
- 3 x Pre-set Filters
- Integrated Bluetooth Input: aptX & AAC
- 2 x Digital Inputs
- USB Type-B Input
- Balanced and Unbalanced Analog Outputs
- Digital to Analog Converters: Dual ESS ES9028Q2M DACs
- Digital Filter: Selectable, Fast–Slow–Short delay
- Frequency Response: 10Hzto50kHz(±1dB)
- THD+N @ 1KHZ 0DBFS: <0.0005% (A-Weighted)
- Signal to noise ratio: >115dB(A-Weighted)
- Crosstalk @ 10KHZ: <-110dB
- Output Impedance: <50Ohms(unbal),<100Ohm(bal)
- Max. Output Level (UNBALANCED): 2.1Vrms(fixedorvariable–userselectable)
- Digital Input Word Widths Supported:
- 16bit (Bluetooth)
- 16-24bit (Optical, Coaxial)
- 16-32bit (USB)
- Digital Input Sampling Frequencies Supported:
- 44.1kHz to 96kHz PCM, DoP64 (Optical)
- 44.1kHz to 192kHz PCM,DoP64(Coaxial)
- Native DSD 64x to 512x, DoP 64x to 256x (USB)
- Mqa Compatibility: Full decoding (Core+Renderer)
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP profile, SBC and AptX codecs
- Max Power Consumption: 12W
- Color: Lunar Grey
- Dimensions (HXWXD): 52x215x191mm;(2.0x8.6x7.6”)
|Features||Balanced Outputs, Bluetooth Enabled, Headphone Amp, Includes a DAC, Multiple Outputs, Streaming Technology, USB, USB DAC|
|Warranty||1 year for Bluetooth products, 2 years for HiFi products. Additional year for both categories when registered on cambridgeaudio.com.|
|Color Options||Lunar Gray|
Write Your Own Review
You might also like...
- Arcam SA10 Integrated AmplifierSpecial Price $799.00 Regular Price $1,000.00
- Chord Electronics Qutest DAC$1,695.00
- EAT Prelude Turntable$1,195.00
- Klipsch OPEN BOX RP-600M Bookshelf Speaker - Pair - Walnut - Excellent ConditionSpecial Price $549.00 Regular Price $629.00
- Paradigm Defiance X15 Subwoofer$1,499.00
- Cambridge Audio Edge W Power Amplifier$4,000.00
- MartinLogan Dynamo 1100X Subwoofer$1,299.99