AXR100 FM/AM Stereo Receiver
The most powerful amplifier in the AX range offers a massive 100 watts per channel, a dedicated subwoofer speaker output for improving bass and two sets of speaker outputs. It also features analog inputs, digital inputs, a phono stage, an FM/AM receiver with RDS and a 3.5mm input. In addition, the built-in Bluetooth receiver allows you to stream your favorite music from your smartphone, tablet or PC.
Budget Audio Never Sounded So Good
These two new receivers sound like they should cost 3 times their price. The way they portray music makes you forget about the gear and just enjoy the music.
Inputs for All Your Music
With 4 analog audio, a phono preamp, Bluetooth 5.0 the AXR85 will satisfy almost everyone, but if you need digital the AXR100 adds 3 digital inputs
Beautifully Designed and Built
We love the clean design of Cambridge Audio gear, but the geek side of us really appreciates the circuit board layouts and attention to detail that help make these units sound so good.
Every single piece of Cambridge Audio equipment is designed and engineered at their facility in the UK. Cambridge has a very long-lasting relationship with an Asian manufacturer where all of their gear has been assembled for the past 20+ years, ensuring very consistent results.
Flipping around to the back of the AXR85 or AXR100, you’ll see something we don’t normally find in receivers in this price range, very nice speaker binding posts! Normally you get those cheap push pin connections for this price level, but Cambridge Audio gives you a connector that will make for a tight fit for your speaker cable and there are even two for A or B speakers.
Both models give you three analog inputs and a moving magnet phono stage input. One of our favorite phono preamps for the money is the Cambridge Audio Solo and you can tell a lot of its great sound made it inside the AXR85 and AXR100. If you are going really old school with a reel to reel or cassette tape recorder, you’ll even find a set of tape outputs to feed the signal over to your tape recorder!
The AXR85 and AXR100 both have a subwoofer output. While it's really great to see this on a stereo receiver, we do have a little bit of a gripe about how they implemented it. The crossover point is set to 200 Hz. It does not appear to cut the bass going to your main speakers, and if it did cut at 200 Hz, that is way too high in our opinion. We would have preferred more adjustments like you would find on a home theater receiver.
- POWER OUTPUT: 100 watts (into 8Ω)
- THD (UNWEIGHTED): <0.01% @ 1kHz, 80% of rated power, <0.15% 20Hz - 20kHz, 80% of rated power
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: (-1DB) 5Hz - 50kHz
- S/N RATIO (REF 1W): >82dB (unweighted)
- INPUT IMPEDANCES: 47k ohms
- POWER AMP DAMPING FACTOR: >50
- STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION: <0.5W
- MAX. POWER CONSUMPTION: 550W
- BASS/TREBLE CONTROLS: Shelving, ultimate boost/cut +/- 10dB @ 100Hz and 20kHz
- SUBWOOFER OUTPUT: 200Hz 2nd order L+R Level follows volume setting
- DIGITAL INPUTS PCM: 16-24-bit S/P DIF Co-axial 32-192kHz, TOSlink Optical 32-192kHz
- DIMENSIONS (HxWxD): 110 x 430 x 340mm (4.3 x 16.9 x 13.4”)
- WEIGHT: 8.1kg (17.8lbs)
- BLUETOOTH: 5.0 A2DP/AVRCP supporting SBC
- TUNER BANDS: European AM (522-1629kHz) FM (87.5-108MHz) / US AM (530-1710kHz) FM (87.5-108MHz)
- AERIAL INPUTS: FM 75 ohms, Coaxial. AM 300 ohms wire loop/ single wire
- SIGNAL TO NOISE (TUNER): 60dB typical (FM)
- DISTORTION (TUNER) <0.4% @ 1kHz 50kHz deviation (FM mono) <0.6% @ 1kHz 50kHz deviation (FM stereo)
|Features||Bluetooth Enabled, Built In Phono Stage, Headphone Amp, Includes a DAC, USB DAC|
|Color Options||Graphite Gray|
You might also like...
Arcam SR250 Stereo AV ReceiverSpecial Price $1,499.00 Regular Price $3,600.00
Cambridge Audio SX-80 Floorstanding Speakers - PairRegular Price $599.99 - $600.00 $599.99 - $600.00
Cambridge Audio Edge NQ Preamplifier$5,000.00
Cambridge Audio Edge W Power Amplifier$4,000.00
Cambridge Audio Azur 851W Power AmplifierRegular Price $1,700.00 $1,700.00
McIntosh MAC7200 200 Watt Receiver$7,500.00
Cambridge Audio Aeromax 6 Flagship Floorstanding Speakers - PairRegular Price $1,299.99 $1,299.99