VEGA G2 Streaming DAC
From the addition of integrated streaming to its unique casework, the VEGA G2 is transforming the idea of what a DAC can be. Every aspect of the VEGA G2's engineering has been designed to push the boundaries of sonic performance, reshaping data into vibrant musical performance — but its sound engineering is only half the story. The completely revamped architecture of the VEGA G2 combines high-end DAC performance and feature-rich streaming, emerging as a complete digital music solution for your home audio system.
The completely redesigned architecture of the VEGA G2 allows it to accomplish something amazing: it is the first DAC ever that operates independently of the source signal's frequency.
- Designed specifically for the premium lineup of AURALiC G Series devices, the Unity Chassis is machined from a single billet of aluminum that provides the VEGA G2 with superior shielding from EMI noise, so nothing interferes with the quality of your music.
- VEGA G2 internal circuits are physically distributed to enhance overall balance. And with specially designed foot spikes that dampen and absorb vibrations, the VEGA G2 is always rock-steady, for ultra-smooth signal delivery.
- The VEGA G2 introduces sophisticated galvanic isolation and Unity Chassis techniques that drastically reduce the potential for electro-magnetic interference, for an extraordinarily pure, clean sound. And the VEGA G2 is a full 80% quieter than the original VEGA DAC.
- There wasn't a DAC chip on the market that could satisfy our requirements for sonic performance with the all-new VEGA G2. That's why we used a modified Sabre DAC chip scheme, optimized for audio signal processing of resolutions up to DSD512. It's just one more way we made sure everything inside the VEGA G2 lives up the premium standard of the entire G2 line.
- Precise control, distortion free, noise free. The only way to get all three is to painstakingly construct a R-2R resistor ladder network — and that's exactly what we've done for the VEGA G2.
- Eight coil-latch relays remain entirely passive when not in use, drawing no power and producing exactly zero EMI noise. Once set, the VEGA G2's volume control system remains electronically invisible — one more detail that helps the VEGA G2 push the boundaries of sonic performance.
- Our Tesla G1 hardware platform is the processing engine that gives the VEGA G2 the power and flexibility it needs to meet the demands of modern high-resolution streaming. Designed around a high-performance Quad-Core Cortex-A9 processor running at 1GHz, Tesla G1 sports 1GB DDR3 RAM and 4GB of storage. Automatic updates keep the Tesla G1 platform outfitted with the latest features and support, so your device is always ready for peak performance and up-to-the-minute functionality.
- A 4.0-inch true color in-plane switching high-resolution display provides complete operational feedback: input channel, volume, sampling rate, playback status, and configuration settings.
|Outputs||Balanced: XLR (4.8Vrms at 0dBFS, output impedance 5ohm) Unbalanced: RCA (4.8Vrms at 0dBFS, output impedance 50ohm)|
|Frequency Response||20 - 20KHz, +/- 0.1dB*|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||< 0.00012% (XLR); < 0.00015% (RCA), 20Hz-20KHz at 0dBFS|
|Power Requirements||50W at max|