Polaris Wireless Streaming Amplifier
From digital to vinyl, music file to online streaming, POLARIS is everything you need to unite your musical world — without the racks and interconnects of traditional multi-component systems. The POLARIS brings together technologies that made our standalone components game-changers in the audiophile world, for an all-in-one audio system with an award-winning pedigree. Flexible and powerful, with the POLARIS you'll discover that convenience doesn't have to mean compromise anymore.
- Auralic developed Lightning OS to be the highest-quality streaming environment you've ever heard. A meticulously-crafted software architecture designed specifically to work hand-in-hand with the powerful Tesla hardware platform found in AURALiC streaming products, Lightning OS is full of cutting-edge innovations that bring your music to life like never before. Connect to all your high-resolution sources, take control with user apps like Lightning DS or Roon, and meet true audiophile streaming.
- The POLARIS is ready for every type of digital sourcing available with a host of physical ports, from USB to TOSLINK, AES/EBU and more. But there's another trick up this unit's sleeve: two pairs of high-end, multi-function analog RCA connectors that can be configured for pre-amplifier output duties, line-level input, or phono input to take advantage of the POLARIS' built-in phono stage. Add native integration of AURALiC's Lightning OS and your system opens up to the world of high-resolution streaming from network and online streaming like TIDAL, Qobuz and Internet Radio. A RoonReady endpoint with support for AirPlay, SongCast, and Bluetooth, the POLARIS is the missing link that finally unites all the ways you listen to music.
- From digital conversion to power amplification, the technology behind everything the POLARIS can do is inherited from our line of industry-leading standalone components. Its DAC uses innovative designs that made the VEGA a standout. Elements from our game-changing ARIES Wireless Streaming Bridge are found in the POLARIS, and its output uses circuitry built for our original MERAK monoblock amplifiers. Years of striving for the best sound quality to be had from modern techniques comes together in a product that's as serious about sound as you are.
- We know there are as many beloved speaker designs as there are musical styles to play through them. That's why we gave the POLARIS the power to handle everything from bookshelves to mega-floorstanders — 180 watts-per-channel to drive even the most demanding models out there. Sonically the POLARIS gets its know-how from advanced amplification and analog output circuit designs originally developed for our very own MERAK monoblock power amplifiers. The result is an expansive output signal with exceptional clarity and definition that's sure to get the best from your favorite speakers, no matter which style you choose.
- Based on 120 femtosecond cycles, this extremely precise clock keeps a tight reign on timing for less jitter, and better sound. It's capable of adjusting frequencies for varying sampling rates too, and with a dedicated low-noise 9uV power supply it's just as quiet as it is accurate. A specially adapted aerospace-grade crystal is the beating heart that gives our 120 Femto Master Clock its impeccable rhythm.
- Flexible Filter Mode gives you a nuanced level of control over your audio output. Its four filter modes were developed using a combination of objective data models and subjective testing, with each mode offering a unique array of filters to match the sonic quality of the source. Whether it's modes to tweak in-band ripple, out-band attenuation, ultrasonic filtering and more, you've always got the power to dial in the performance you want.
- The Purer-Power linear power supply reduces DC current noise by as much as 90dB with its power purification module. Using a specially designed transformer and unique wiring that minimizes vibration, noise from Purer-Power is kept below 1uV across the audible spectrum, leaving you to discover the details in your music, down to the last bit.